Communication and Management Services, LLC (CMS) is a specialized consulting firm committed to strengthening institutions through management consulting, human resource systems, and governmental affairs in both the public and private sectors.
This position is an excellent opportunity to become part of a dynamic team performing a variety of human resource, operations, communications, and organizational development projects. The position conducts document reviews, proofreading, reporting, client relations, project support, and various administrative tasks. This position includes significant professional development and growth opportunities, including training based on company needs and the successful candidate’s areas of aptitude and interest. CMS offers all employees flexible work hours, retirement, and paid leave, plus health insurance for full-time employees. The position can be full-time or part-time. The ideal candidate will be interested in and willing to learn human resources practices, compensation, business management, and managing priorities to work on diverse and challenging projects.
- Project Support - Complete project support tasks, including tracking projects; collecting, entering, and analyzing data.
- Document Review - Proofread content, edit grammar, word use, typographical errors, and punctuation; correct format errors; and edit recommendations in reports and other documents (i.e., policies, proposals, reports, etc.).
- Reporting - Develop spreadsheets, enter data into spreadsheets, conduct data quality control according to established procedures, prepare charts and graphs, and compile data for presentation. Prepare layout and design of documents and reports.
- Outreach - Provide support to recruitment, outreach, and communication efforts. Includes posting information to social media, updating the CMS website, developing publications, and related tasks.
- Customer and Client Relations - Support various projects by serving as liaison with clients; receiving, disseminating, and tracking project information; participating in meetings; and providing support with contract management, on proposals, and identifying requests for proposals.
- Administrative Support - Answer incoming calls and redirect callers to appropriate personnel; check voicemails and relay messages; pick up and drop off mail/packages; make bank deposits; purchase supplies; maintain and update subscriptions, licenses, etc.
- Records Management - Establish and maintain electronic and other records management systems. Maintain digital copy files, purge outdated information, and save files in a consistent format (establish consistent directories and subdirectories).
- Other duties as assigned - Perform other duties as assigned, including unexpected meeting attendance, assisting with special projects, and technical business writing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of professional office administration and effective written and verbal business communications.
- Exceptional business writing and proofreading skills: spelling, grammar, word use, sentence structure, business English.
- Advanced proficiency using Windows™ operating systems, MS Office™ which includes WORD, EXCEL spreadsheets, and Outlook; internet searches.
- Courteous and responsive customer service.
- Organize multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- Project a positive image of the firm.
- Collaborative work relationships with co-workers, clients, and the public.
- Practice confidentiality and protect private information.
- Follow verbal and written instructions.
- Motivated to independently initiate and complete work assignments that support staff assignments and business operations.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
The required knowledge, skills, and abilities are typically acquired through a combination of education and experience equivalent to post-secondary education and/or experience in technical writing, human resource documentation, business communications, office administration, or related fields. General knowledge of or expertise supporting human resource management, business operations, public relations, state government, or related fields is beneficial.
Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel is required.
Proficiency in all Microsoft 365 apps, Adobe, and Survey Monkey is preferred.
$18 - $23 DOQ plus benefits, including paid time off and holiday leave, and professional development and retirement contribution. Full-time employees, 38 hours per week or more, are eligible for health insurance.
Submit a resume and cover letter to cdasilva[at]cmsmontana.com
. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.