If you have a passion for serving Veterans, consider becoming a Great Plains Veterans Services Center
(GPVSC) part-time, on-call Transportation Services Driver
located in Scobey, Montana
GPVSC is a non-profit organization that provides safe and reliable transportation to Veterans who require assistance traveling to and from VA health care facilities and authorized non-VA health care appointments. These services are for Veterans from all military branches and all age brackets. We currently have five offices serving Veterans across the state of Montana. The GPVSC main office is in North Central Montana, in Box Elder, with four additional offices in Browning, Big Timber, Ft. Belknap and Scobey. These are highly rural areas that can lead to our Veterans having difficulty obtaining VA health care. Additional Veterans Support Services are available at our Main Office located in Box Elder (Rocky Boy’s Indian Reservation). This assistance includes but is not limited to local transportation for overall daily needs, counseling services for such things as PTSD, as well as direct assistance for groceries, utilities, and temporary housing. GPVSC assists in home needs for the elderly, and provides firewood for those in need of heating, funeral, and gravesite assistance for Fallen Warriors. We also have temporary employment opportunities for unemployed Veterans and Veterans just coming out of the service to help them acclimate back to civilian life.
This position reports to the Veterans Transportation Supervisor and will be responsible for many duties, including but not limited to:
- Transporting Veterans to medical appointments, job sites, and other areas for general quality of life needs.
- Providing assistance to passengers to ensure safe boarding and disembarking of the vehicle.
- Reporting any concerns or mentioned needs, in a timely manner, to the Support Services Manager for follow-up and referral services.
- Monitoring and scheduling maintenance of vehicle and managing transportation logs and receipts.
You will be most successful in this position if you have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of customer service and Scobey area.
- Knowledge of vehicle maintenance and service record-keeping.
- Ability to communicate in a tactful and courteous manner.
- Ability to be flexible and work independently in a dynamic team environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively to ensure organizational success.
- Knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office Suite.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume and completed Application Form
- Salary: $15.55 / hour. This is a non-exempt position.
- Veterans Preference
- American Indian Preference
- Location: Scobey
- Must hold a valid Montana driver's license and successfully complete a driver's history check.
either electronically to email@example.com
or by mail to Attn: GPVSC Driver, PO Box 1251, Helena, MT 59624 or in person at the Great Plains Veterans Services Center. If you would like to claim a Veteran or Native Preference, please include a DD214 or Tribal Identification. Call Casey with questions or to get an application at 406-442-4934.
Successful applicants will be subject to drug testing, driving history, and criminal history checks.
Great Plains Veterans Service Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.