JOB DETAILS & OVERVIEW
- Wage: $17.26 / hour
- Location: Rocky Boy, Montana
- Veterans Preference
- American Indian Preference
- Close Date: Open until filled
If you have a passion for serving Veterans, consider becoming a Great Plains Veterans Services Center (GPVSC) Marketing Assistant
The Great Plains Veterans Services Center (GPVSC) was established in 2015 and recognized as a 501(c)(3) organization in February of 2016. The GPVSC is headquartered on the Rocky Boy's Indian Reservation in North Central Montana. The GPVSC established the Veterans Support Services (VSS) program in January 2017. The purpose of this program is to provide Veterans with access to all VA benefits they have earned; assists unemployed Veterans in becoming self-sufficient by transitioning them into the workforce; supports homeless Veterans or at-risk for homeless Veterans in attaining and maintaining housing; provides mental health and suicide prevention support and provides case management to assist Veterans in overall quality of life needs. The VSS program’s service area includes three Indian Reservations and five rural Montana counties. In 2020, the GPVSC began operating its Veterans Transportation Services (VTS) program. This program provides transportation services to rural Montana Veterans for VA and VA-referred appointments. The VTS program’s service area includes four Indian Reservations and 17 rural Montana counties.
At the direction of the Administrative Manager, the Marketing Assistant
assists the Communications Specialist in event planning and maintaining the GPVSC website and social media presence. Provides administrative support for fundraising events, such as raffles and special events. Provides staff and general administrative support for GPVSC Communications and Marketing to promote a positive public image through the website, social media venues and community events.
- Design promotional materials.
- Perform routine administrative functions such as answering and making phone calls, setting up and managing paperwork, maintaining, entering, and retrieving information in databases, scheduling and confirming schedules and coordinating events, etc.
- Copy, sort and distribute various documents; send, receive, distribute, and redirect faxes, emails and mail. Prepare bulk mailings.
- Coordinate and prepare for meetings, workshops, and special events in collaboration with other staff by assisting with registrations, payments and confirmation, reserving rooms and arranging refreshments and necessary equipment.
- Maintain calendars, schedule and confirm event reservation venues.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Computer literacy, in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Preferred knowledge of graphic design programs, Meta Business Suite, and fundraising platforms.
- High degree of detail-oriented skill level.
- Knowledge and understanding of the importance of adhering to confidentiality standards.
- Ability to work collaboratively and maintain a positive work environment.
- Ability to perform job duties with integrity and innovation to ensure completion and a high level of quality.
- Excellent communication skills to ensure efficiency and quality customer service with people from varied backgrounds.
- Skills in providing assistance to the public, coordinating activities, providing technical assistance, and working with various community agencies to coordinate events.
Any combination of experience and training which provides the equivalent scope of knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Two years of experience providing office support in a team environment requiring public contact and computer usage.
- Two years of college education, preferably in marketing, communications, or related field.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS
- Work is mainly performed on a computer for up to 8 hours per day.
- Regular day travel is required.
- Create and maintain a safe/secure working environment by adhering to safety, security, and health requirements. Integrates injury, illness, and loss prevention into job activities by attending any necessary training and implementing best practices.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and completed application form
- Must hold a valid Montana driver's license and successfully complete a driver's history check.
- Benefits include SEP retirement plan, paid time off and holidays.
- Health insurance is not covered.
- Successful applicants are subject to drug testing, and criminal history checks.
by following this link: https://wkf.ms/3G18LEn
or by mail to Attn: Marketing Administrative Assistant, PO Box 1251, Helena, MT 59624. If you are a Veteran and wish to claim a Veteran’s preference, please include a DD214 or other supporting documentation. If you wish to claim American Indian preference, please include a current Tribal ID or other enrollment documentation. Call 406-442-4934 with questions, to get an application or request a full job description.
Great Plains Veterans Services Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.