is responsible for performing a variety of manual and semiskilled tasks in maintaining facilities, grounds and landscaped features to ensure orderly, functional, safe and aesthetically pleasing appearances of assigned areas. Duties include monitoring grounds and facilities to remove trash and report unsafe conditions; caring for lawns, pruning trees and shrubbery, landscaping flower beds, etc. using mowers, trimmers, power tools and hand tools; providing proper upkeep of sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, fountains, planters, or other grounds features; diagnosing and performing minor repairs and preventative maintenance on machines, tools and equipment; providing cleaning, custodial and maintenance services to ensure buildings and facilities are clean, orderly and safe which includes removing garbage from interior and exterior of facilities, cleaning floors, walls, windows, cabinets, appliances, plumbing fixtures, etc. and proposing and implementing regularly scheduled deep cleaning activities .
Groundskeeping & Facilities Maintenance
The position will Perform a variety of manual and semiskilled tasks in maintaining facilities, grounds and landscaped features to ensure orderly, functional, safe and aesthetically pleasing appearances of assigned areas.
- Gather and remove debris, take debris to garbage stations.
- Conduct inspections for various purposes as assigned.
- Operate vehicles, powered equipment, and hand tools.
- Care for established lawns.
- Maintain or repair tools, equipment or structures.
- Provide upkeep of sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, fountains, planters or other grounds features.
- Inspect, operate and test machinery or equipment.
- Identify and report building maintenance needs.
Provide a variety of cleaning, custodial and maintenance services to ensure buildings, facilities and property are clean, orderly and safe.
Other Duties As Assigned
- Clean HHA apartments in an efficient and timely manner, ensuring work meets HUD Standards of Cleanliness.
- Perform custodial work.
- Implement weekly heavy/deep cleaning programs for assigned sites.
- Clean and maintain HHA offices and work facilities.
The position will perform a variety of other duties as assigned by the Facilities Manager and HHA management team. This includes but is not limited to filling in for other staff, performing special cleaning and facility support projects, operating vehicles and equipment, attending meetings, and attending training or other events.
JOB RELATED & ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS
Demonstrated Knowledge Of
Materials, methods, and equipment used in building and grounds maintenance. Includes knowledge of chemicals and cleaning products; proper care and trimming techniques and strategies for lawns, trees, shrubs and other plants and a variety of hand and power equipment used in the care of lawns trees, shrubs, plants and pruning. Use and care of maintenance and building tools, and light motorized equipment.
Demonstrated Skills & Abilities In
- Communications and Teamwork: Customer service and working with others, including ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with all those contacted in the course of work. Includes fellow department team members, residents, and management.
- Self-development: Including continual learning of new methods, and materials. Anticipating possible problems and needs.
- Efficiency and Effectiveness: To plan, organize, prioritize, and coordinate work flow; work independently and meet multiple deadlines; attention to detail and accuracy.
- Adaptability to changes and problem-solving skills: To define problems, identify needs and solve problems independently.
- Minor machine and equipment operation and repair. Including mowers, trimmers, chainsaws, floor buffers, carpet cleaning equipment, etc.
- Safety. Including following safety protocols and precautions at all times (e.g., use of protective equipment, safely using tools and equipment, observing precautions related to pathogens or contagious disease, etc.).
Work requires ability to perform manual and semi-manual labor requiring the range of full body movement. Facility Support Technician must be able to work from a ladder or from heights, to follow oral and written instructions, lift 100 pounds, stand, walk, sit, bend, twist, kneel, crawl, push, pull, grasp, and ride. Hand-eye coordination is a must, as is the ability to talk and hear in person, by telephone or two-way radio. Must be able to see and read instructions and safety information.
Commitment To Service
Employees of the Helena Housing Authority are expected to achieve the highest standards of personal and professional work performance in commitment to serving HHA’s constituents and the Helena community in general. The ability to work in a team, be transparent in written and verbal communication, and show respect and care for people from a wide variety of backgrounds is required daily.
Qualifications To Join Our Team
HHA is committed to maintaining a safe and secure work environment for employees and residents. As part of our hiring process, we conduct criminal history checks for the top candidates of all recruitments and driving history checks for candidates of positions that require operating company vehicles.
Anticipated New Hire Salary Range
- A high school diploma or GED and two years related janitorial and groundskeeping experience.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid Montana Driver’s License and a driving record acceptable to insurance carriers. Ability to operate HHA vehicles.
- Ability to work overtime, if needed.
- Availability to participate in after-hours work, if needed.
- Must pass an extensive background check, including an acceptable criminal background check.
- Other requirements as deemed necessary by the Facilities Manager.
$16.36 - $19.24 per hour depending on qualifications plus health, participation in the Montana Public Employees Retirement System, and generous paid time off.
HHA offers a competitive wage with opportunity for career advancement with Lead Custodial/Groundskeeping positions which to earn up to $21.28 an hour.
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume and completed HHA Application Form
either electronically at https://wkf.ms/3RyzRd0
or by mail to CMS, Attn: Greg Ross, P.O. Box 1251, Helena, MT 59624.