The Helena Housing Authority seeks a Maintenance Technician responsible for maintaining and repairing buildings, electrical, mechanical & plumbing systems, and grounds features.
- Maintenance and repair of doors, windows, gates, walls, floors, roofs, and other building features using knowledge of carpentry, cabinetry, drywall, tiling, roofing, and skill in the use of a variety of hand and power tools.
- Maintenance and repair of building utilities, appliances, and mechanical systems using knowledge of plumbing, electrical, heating/ventilation/air conditioning (HVAC), and welding; and
- Manual and semi-skilled tasks in maintaining the landscape using knowledge of lawns, trees, shrubs, and other plants and a variety of hand tools, power tools, and equipment.
- This position may involve remediating contaminated units, conducting inspections, and/or pest management.
QUALIFICATIONS TO JOIN OUR TEAM:
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to high school graduation with vocational coursework and three (3) years of experience in building construction and/or maintenance and grounds keeping.
- Possession of, or the ability to obtain, a valid Montana driver’s license.
- Must pass an extensive background check, including criminal history check.
- Rotating on-call is a requirement, must be available to respond in-person to HHA’s facilities within 30 minutes of an emergency call.
- Work is performed indoors and outdoors in all types of weather. Work requires the ability to perform manual labor requiring the full range of body movement.
ANTICIPATED NEW HIRE PAY RANGE:
$20.10 - $24.22 per hour depending on qualifications.
HHA offers a competitive wage with opportunity for career advancement through our Maintenance Technician Career Ladder providing highly experienced and skilled, high performing individuals promotion opportunities to earn up to $30.62 an hour.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and completed HHA Application Form
either electronically at https://wkf.ms/3SPnZDY
or by email to cdasilva[at]cmsmontana.com
or mail to CMS, Attn: Casey, P.O. Box 1251, Helena, MT 59624.