The Lewis & Clark Library’s Helena location
seeks a full-time Network Support Specialist
. The Library is a hub of cultural, recreational, and educational activity. The first free public Library in Montana Territory, Lewis & Clark Library has strong roots and wide-spreading branches, including Augusta, East Helena, Lincoln, and a Bookmobile, plus a book bike. The Library’s culture is innovative, smart, and slightly obsessive about the role high-quality Library service plays in our community and the world.
The full-time Network Support Specialist
position analyzes, tests, troubleshoots, and evaluates the Library’s local, remote, and cloud networks, computers, telephone systems, servers, and other data communications.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Identify the causes of networking problems, using diagnostic testing software and equipment.
- Troubleshoot network or connectivity problems for users or user groups.
- Perform routine maintenance or standard repairs to networking components or equipment.
- Install new hardware or software systems or components, ensuring integration with existing network systems.
- Test computer software or hardware, using standard diagnostic testing equipment and procedures.
The position requires strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as advanced computer skills in a Microsoft environment. The successful candidate must also be detail-oriented and be able to plan, organize and prioritize responsibilities.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
The education and experience considered necessary to perform these duties is typically acquired by:
- Education: A bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
- Experience: A minimum of three-to-five (3-5) years of experience in an Information Systems field.
Other combinations of education and experience may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
SALARY & HOURS:
Starting salary for the Network Support Specialist is $65,104.00 annually, with step increases to follow.
Hours per week: 40.
LCL offers a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage to employees and qualified dependents as well as a State sponsored retirement plan, access to supplemental insurance and a 457b plan. In addition, LCL provides vacation, sick leave and paid holidays.
Please submit your application packet to cms[at]mt.net
or electronically at https://wkf.ms/49FgHsD
. A complete application packet will include the following items:
- Resume and cover letter
- Lewis and Clark Library Application (available on our website – www.lclibrary.org/jobs)
- Three professional references
Applications must be received by December 3, 2023
, to be considered. For questions or assistance, email cms[at]mt.net